It might be a candid photo, or a quick glance in the mirror; a comment from a friend or just a feeling… the realization that your face looks far older than you feel can come in any form. But once it does, this disconnect between how you want to look and how your skin is making you look can lead to frustration, anger and even depression.
If wrinkles, dull skin, scars, blemishes or lines on your face are making you shy away from the mirror, then it is time for skin resurfacing.
Skin resurfacing is a dermatological method that removes the outermost layer of the skin, in order to replace it with fresh cells to form the surface, removing scars, marks, wrinkles and other signs of aging in the process. Dr. Hema Pant is an expert in the field, and has earned acclaim for Laser skin treatment in Delhi. Using the most advanced technology and meticulous care. Dr. Hema Pant ensures the best results and client satisfaction.
SKIN RESURFACING- PROCEDURES
Depending on the type and condition of the skin, the doctor may use different methods for skin resurfacing:
- Chemical Peeling: A chemical solution is applied to the skin- either on the whole face or only the areas or zones to be treated.
- Dermabrasion: A high speed rotatory wheel with a surface resembling fine grained sandpaper is used to scrape away the outermost layer of the skin.
- Laser: The energy from Laser is used to either target the skin uniformly, or to drill miniature holes into deeper layers of the skin to stimulate resurfacing.
These procedures rejuvenate the skin and make you look younger, healthier and fresher. In fact Laser skin resurfacing in Delhi has gained a lot of popularity amongst those who wish to look confidently into a mirror and smile once more.
What is skin resurfacing?
Skin resurfacing is a form of cosmetic procedure that reduces the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, discolorations and fine lines that appear on the face from aging, lengthy exposure to the sun and other environmental elements. This treatment can be implemented anywhere on the face.
Who are ideal skin resurfacing candidates?
A person can be a good contender for skin resurfacing if he or she has one or more of these disorders:
- crumpled or sun-damaged facial skin,
- vertical wrinkles around mouth, such as those that cause lipstick “bleed”
- fine creasing or wrinkling on upper eyelids,
- Your skin is stained with brown spots
- You have mutilations that have made the surface of your skin jagged
- You have certain precancerous skin development
- You have acne or chicken pox blemishes and even superficial facial blemishes from any past injury.
How is the skin resurfacing procedure done?
The three most common approaches of skin resurfacing are chemical peeling, which encompasses the application of an acidic solution; dermabrasion, which makes use of high-speed rotatory wheel and laser resurfacing that uses a laser beam on the skin.
What is chemical peeling for skin?
A chemical peel solution may be applied to the whole face or just on certain zones, which needs to be treated as per the patient’s requirement, such as the crow’s feet region near your eyes or the vertical crinkles near your mouth. The doctor will decide that how long the solution should be left on your face by vigilantly observing any changes in the appearance of your skin.
What is dermabrasion?
In the process of dermabrasion treatment, an injury is made on the zone to be treated approximating scraping your knee. This technique uses a small, hurriedly-spinning wheel with an abraded surface resembling fine-grained sandpaper to scratch the skin for exterminating the upper layers of the region to be treated. Sometimes, this resurfacing procedure is selected for treating the facial marks which are normally prompted by acne.